Sunday, January 23, 2011

RG Zaku Review


RG Zaku Review
Friday,
January 21st, 2011
6
Comments





With the purchase of Call of Duty my Gundam building time (or should I say the desire to build Gundam) has decreased faster than Syd dying in Call of Duty…which is to say pretty fast. My wife was about to give birth so when I traveled down to where she was staying I brought this guy along and built him.


In this case my scores will not only be relative to other Gundams but to my previous experience with the first RG.




Overall Look: 7.6/10


As I stated in my other Zaku review the shape of this Gundam is really growing on me. I like the mix of futuristic robots and medieval armor. They chose well with the second
RG.


Colors: 7/10


Wasn’t too sure about the red and pink but when I finished it I wasn’t disappointed. A little different but it
looks really good.


Weapons: 6/10


Pretty standard, comes with the ax, gun and bazooka.


Articulation: 10/10


Can’t beat an RG.


Fun Factor: 9/10


These are so fun. So many pieces and always a challenge.


Build Design: 8.5/10


I have to admit that there were some things I didn’t like about the Zaku. There is a possibility I made the mistake but i’m not so sure. There are big gaps between the arms and
the body that bugs me. Also the little gray squares that go on the arms right before attaching the hands didn’t fit no matter what I tried. I am going to give Bandai the benefit of the doubt
and assume I made a mistake earlier on in the build but that really bugged me.


A rule you will learn building RGs is never throw away parts. When building the frame you will have to cut / pull / detach small pieces from the main parts that at first glance look like throwaways but little did you know later on they will ask you for that piece for somewhere else on the body. Very cool.


Extras 5/10


Simply put, white stickers suck. There is just no way you can put them on without it looking horrible. The great thing about the first RG was the stickers looked so good. In most cases you
couldn’t tell they were stickers. Due to the color and using white the stickers here are for the most part worthless. I started putting the stickers on but took most of them off because it looked
so cheap.


I don’t necessarily fault Bandai for choosing white because most likely it is the most appropriate color but if you build this kit and want it to look great buy the water slides when
they come out.






No comments:

Post a Comment