Monday, July 4, 2011

MG Epyon – The end of the Adventure.


MG Epyon – The end of the Adventure.
Thursday,
June 30th, 2011


This will be the last of the test build posts for the Epyon. I
am at the end of the build and I find myself at the beginning of
the construction manual. Finally, I am assembling the torso to
which all other assembled sections will attach.

The first step is building the cockpit.

(again I have not painted the pilot.)


Then you assembled the shoulder joints.


And with one more piece the frame is complete. This is very much
like the Wing. I am experiencing Deja Vu.


Next up is to add the armor.


A green sticker goes on the circle you can see here and then a
clear piece is used to cover it. As I am not putting any stickers
on yet I just skipped that part.

Torso finished!


So now that the torso is out of the way I get out my collection
of already assembled Epyon sections.


(Click),(Snap),(Click)

Upper body!

Sweet!

The foot bone connects to the ankle bone…

…and then a winglike piece connects to the ankle
bone…

This may be the most important piece of the entire kit.


This piece not only connects the legs together…

…but is also where the skirt attaches to the legs. Without
this piece you would not be able to finish the Epyon.

You would cry if you were unable to finish the Epyon.


The Wings attach to the torso by the exact same design as the Wing
Gundam, the Deathscythe, the Shenlong and probably the Deathscythe
Hell which I don’t have.

Sweet!

Now let’s try to transform him!

Some people mentioned rocket shooting hands?

Ya, you just take those off.

Turn the rear skirt armor out.


Play around with that funky skirt design.

It can stand up like this as well. ha!


Attach the back part of the skirt to the backpack.


Flip the legs over.


Point those feet and open the mouths if you prefer. Turn the
read skirt piece back down.


Attach the sword to the shield.

Be sure to push the links on its chain weapon tight together to
make the tail stay straight.

Now you need the adaptor for the stand (even if you aren’t
going to put it on the stand.)


The tails slides into the gap just above the protrusion for the
stand. I tried to get a picture of the tail in place there but my
camera could not get it into focus. Too much awesome?


The manual has you pull the wings up so they swing in and meet the
legs at a joint in the leg armor. They don’t seem to snap
into place so I am not sure why the manual instructs you to do
this.

This flying thing is cool but I really prefer the Epyon in its
Suit form.





I guess all that’s left to do is the review.

And then play with it. And then play with it some more.

And then maybe buy another one so I can build it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment