Saturday, September 7, 2013

[Tutorial] How to Panel Line Your Gundam Model Kit


Panel lining is one of the most important part in Gundam model kit building. Panel line give additional detail and make your Gundam more defined. In this post I will share my knowledge how i panel line my Gundam model kit. ^^;


The first thing you need to do is get your tools ready for panel lining, most people will use Gundam marker for the easiest way but I’m not recommending it.

Using Gundam marker to panel line your model kit will make your gundam looks like an overpaint Gundam. So in this tutorial, i will use enamel paint to panel line my Gundam.
Below are the tools needed for panel lining:

Enamel Paints

Soft and small brush

Enamel Thinner

Any kind of palette

Pink cotton bud, yes it has to be pink or you will fail miserably XD

Gundam part you want to panel line.

Start by mixing enamel paint and thinner until you reach tea-like consistency.

Apply to your Gundam part.

When dries, it will look like a mess, not to worry though because the PINK bud come to the rescue.

Apply enamel thinner to your PINK cotton bud.

Clean the mess caused by enamel paint.

End Result. Of course you can clean it more, but the main purpose using enamel paint is to create a very
thin line instead of thick line (compare below).


I hope you enjoy my tutorial. My next tutorial is how to paint or add details with enamel paints.

No comments:

Post a Comment