Monday, April 18, 2016

HGIBO 1/144 Graze Kai II (Ryusei-go) - Review

Today I'm gonna review on this kit, Iron Blooded Orphans High Grade Graze Custom II also known as Ryusei-go. At first look of this kit, it has got 9 runners and 1 sets of polycap.
 
Color of this kit straight out of the box looks fantastic, to me the color proportion for this kit is great.

Overall Looks: 10/10
Pardon me for 1 thing before doing this review, This kit looks so good that I wanted to do some put on some decal on it. I mean, as a Gunpla Builder, every once in a while you would wanna put on some nice decal and things like that to custom your gundam.

Panel lining definitely bring out the feeling of this kit. Usually to me, dark colored kit I wouldn't really recommend to panel line it as it doesn't really make a difference. But this kit, totally worth doing the work. Though I wish that they would give some panel lining for Ryusei-go's eyes so I can paint it instead of using the sticker, but sticker will do.

If you own a Graze Kai, you will realize that there is more than changing the mobile suit into red, well I'm not that observant when I was watching the anime, but I realise the difference in part seems to look so much better compare to the graze. If you didn't realize the difference, here are a few new parts included in the gunpla.
the new shoulder part.
The new Antenna thingy I guess?
The back thruster remain the same but that new back skirt though.

Accessories 8/10
And again, I'm quite surprise to see the new weapon which is the short rifle as also I didn't realise in the anime. I thought it was the same 2 rifle at first but i was wrong. Interesting additional but still looks plain as hell. Though I give credit to the new short rifle, Interesting design.

Articulation 7/10
Articulation on this kit is so so as it there is a few problem i faced while posing this kit. But lets get it to the normal articulation 1st,
Splits is not bad as it goes around 150 degree with no effort at all.
legs have no problem going 170 degree bend but you will get it in a awkward angle when you do it, hands go around 100 degree cant bend more than that after. Here comes my main issue to this product. As the leg can go 170 degree bend, the leg rotation isn't really that good as the kit can't rotate due to the skirt armor blocking.
Blocked ><|||

Well posing it is still fun despite the fact of the leg can't move a lot due the skirt armor.

Fun Fact:
In the box after building the whole Graze Kai II, They still give you the choice to build the Graze Kai I.
Armor pieces for Graze Kai I in red.

They also give an attachment for the leg part to connect to the Long Distance Transport Booster Kutan Type III.
Attachment for the leg section.
After attaching it to the Ryusei-go, this is the result you will get.

Like all Graze, The Ryusei-go is also equipped with the ugly camera like thingy.
well it's a personal preference, some may find it unique but not me.

Photos:




Verdict:

Pros
  • Good color accuracy
  • Looks good straight out of the box
  • Looks good for posing
  • Given some extra armor parts.
  • Reasonable price
Cons
  • Weapon looks slightly plain
  • Leg rotation not so good due to the skirt armor
  • Can't hold the axe properly as the grip not good enough
Note: Review of this kit is based on my own personal preference.
If you like this kit and plan to get it, click here to get it now: http://goo.gl/ZezTL4





1 comment: